[PSUBS-MAILIST] Motor Controller Tractor Beam

Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Jul 19 08:01:09 EDT 2019

 Alan, I like the idea of a larger joystick in most situations.  In my case I'm trying to combine separate thumb-sticks (for vertical/horizontal movement) with a 7-inch graphical display all of which is hand held so I can control the sub whether sitting in the CT or prone looking out the front.
The programmable controllers offer a lot of configuration options and performance feedback, but are expensive.  I paid $265(US) six years ago but today the new versions are $500(US).  I think my replacements are going to be traditional Minn Kota controllers with a Raspberry PI interface to provide tractor steering.
Jon