[PSUBS-MAILIST] Optical Oxygen Sensors

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Aug 7 20:50:26 EDT 2019

Hi,
I've been reading a bit about the solid state optical oxygen sensors which
have a longer life & are more reliable than traditional galvanic cel ( battery)
type O2 sensors.
Poseidon developed them for the dive industry & they were hailed as a break
through at the time. There is a company, SST sensing that is marketing them for
varying applications....https://www.sstsensing.com/optical-oxygen-sensors-key-benefits-and-applications/
Is any one familiar with them? There seems to be a big price difference between
varying brands.
The ones I've seen are calibrated internally for pressure & temperature & transmit
data rather than a voltage or current reading. I am looking for a cheap option that
has a current or voltage signal rather than data & I will be using something like a raspberry Pi or Arduino to process the reading.
I am also wanting 3 as in a rebreather to compare readings.
Do they need much of an O2 flow over them or are they ok just being placed
randomly within the hull?
Cheers Alan