[PSUBS-MAILIST] SubConn BH4F and IL4M Connectors

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Apr 9 18:28:08 EDT 2019

Brian,
I am not sure if there was a thread prior to this, I am feeling I
have been missing a few emails.
What sort of connectors? High power?
Have you looked at using blue globe cable glands?
I have made up connectors that have been tested to 1000psi, but I thought
a lot about how to do it properly & used expoxy, polyeurathane & a special
PVC glue to adhere to the cable jacket.
I looked at a video of Doug Jacksons on home made through hulls & he was
getting a lot of failures, so not as easy as you think.
There are Chinese companies making connectors for ROVs if you search on
the Ali express site. However unless you get something tailor made you still
have the problem of how to waterproof the end that doesn't attach to the hull,
But may go to your lights or whatever.
Cheers Alan