[PSUBS-MAILIST] K350 motors and housings - available

Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Apr 3 11:11:48 EDT 2019

We filled Snoopy with ice that day, and bungeed a towel over the dome
during the tow, but the heat is such I really wonder if any A/C would make
much of a difference. I like Brian's approach for its simplicity, it's
really the only one I would try. But the ultimate solution I think is to
make your boat so you can board at the end of the tow. Once submerged, even
in Islamorada in the summer, it's perfectly pleasant. That is the intention
with Shackleton, and is basically a matter of prioritizing freeboard and
surfaced stability. I'm not sure if I'm there, tests will tell.

Of course there is one solution that is low cost and never fails - pick
Steve McQueen for your crew! He is completely impervious to heat, cold, or
anything else.

:)
Alec

On Wed, Apr 3, 2019 at 8:49 AM Douglas Suhr via Personal_Submersibles <