[PSUBS-MAILIST] pulled thread line - submarine AC and heat

Brian Hughes via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Apr 2 07:15:13 EDT 2019

Alan,

How many peltier chips do you think you'll use? Or need? I was kinda planning the same idea, but was trying Kydex. I made a cover with a thin sheet of clear plastic, but I wondered about durability. Hadn't thought fiberglass. Doh.  The real reason is I picked up for free a vacuum thermomolding machine and needed an excuse to play.

As per attachment I was thinking magnets, the chrome covered ones you can get a home depot. Attach where needed.  Spread heat transfer paste on the surface, etc. How will you attach yours? Building in piping for condensation runoff?

For heat I'm going with a cigarette lighter socket into which I can plug my heated vest I use on cold days on the Harley. Keep the core warm, etc.