[PSUBS-MAILIST] PC2024 Announcement

Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Mar 26 09:32:18 EDT 2024

To all members,
Planning has begun for the 2024 PSUBS Convention (PC2024) which will be held at Block Island, NY from Oct 14-17.  We will be partnering with Innerspace Science for an event that includes both diving and technical seminars.  Currently DSV Shackleton and DSV Aquatic have committed to being in attendance and we already have multiple technical talks scheduled.  Details will be shared regularly as plans develop and of course be available soon on our website.
Our conventions are the best way to interact and talk face-to-face with fellow members in person as well as inspect and "kick the tires" on the submarine vessels you've read about online.  Make no mistake we want you there in person however we understand that is not always possible so for those who cannot attend either due to distance or prior commitment, we will be using ZOOM to broadcast our technical talks assuming we secure an internet connection from the island.  NOTE...this is the time to renew your PSUBS membership since only "paid memberships" will be allowed into the ZOOM meeting.  Lifetime members will automatically receive an invitation.
We are currently investigating logistics such as airports, lodging, transportation and other associated details which we will share in the coming weeks.  What can you do now?  Help us make this event a success.
CALL FOR VESSELSPC2024 is seeking submersible vessels of all types to join the event including 1-ATM, Dry/Wet ambient, ROV, or AUV.  Even if your vessel is not operational, we want to see it.  Whether in the process of fabrication/rebuild, decommissioned, or rusted and ready for the scrap heap doesn't matter.  We can all learn something from close up inspection of any vessel in any condition.  Additionally we expect to have a public display which you will be able to participate in with your vessel.
CALL FOR SPEAKERSPC2024 is seeking speakers for any topic related to submersibles or underwater exploration.  If you want to speak on your current design, your current build, your latest acquisition, or on a related project we want to hear from you.
Contact admin at psubs.org or jon.wallace at yahoo.com if you are interested in bringing a vessel or being a speaker.
Jon