[PSUBS-MAILIST] information on viewports

Jefferson Tortorelli via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun Mar 17 16:20:41 EDT 2024

I have already received some great advice and realize some of you are beyond my knowledge base with regards to hull design. Several members have indicated my flat plate hull is not really great for depth. Not to be obtuse, but what if I had interior ribs spaced closely with a circular cut out, basically kind of a square rib with a donut hole in the center. I originally was going to have a cylindrical pressure hull inside but wanted more room. Is it possible to build my design if I added enough ribs? Plus initially, based on my lack of knowledge, the outer hull that surrounded the pressure was also dry and contained the motor, air tanks, ballast tanks, etc. I now realize that wouldn’t work with flat plates alone.

How do you determine the pressure a hull will withstand. in my searching the internet, I see a number of vessels made using propane tanks. Is that viable? Any suggestions?

Jefferson Tortorelli
Tortorelli Creations
4910 Santa Anita Avenue
El Monte, CA 91731
Cell: 909-908-3795
Shop: 909-370-3131
Website: www.Tortorelli.com<http://www.Tortorelli.com>
Instagram: @tortorellicreations

From: Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles-bounces at psubs.org> On Behalf Of Alan James via Personal_Submersibles
Sent: Sunday, March 17, 2024 12:46 PM
To: Personal Submersibles General Discussion <personal_submersibles at psubs.org>
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] information on viewports

Jeff,
If you have experience with resin pouring on your furniture you will be in a good place.
Alan
Yahoo Mail: Search, organise, conquer<https://mail.onelink.me/107872968?pid=NativePlacement&c=Global_Acquisition_YMktg_315_EmailSignatureGrowth_YahooMail:Search,Organize,Conquer&af_sub1=Acquisition&af_sub2=Global_YMktg&af_sub3=&af_sub4=100000945&af_sub5=OrganizeConquer__Static_>

On Mon, 18 Mar 2024 at 8:38 am, Jefferson Tortorelli via Personal_Submersibles