[PSUBS-MAILIST] DSV Aquatic Interior Refinishing

Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Mar 2 22:21:21 EST 2024

Congrats, and I can't wait to see her begin to come together! Just one
thing about the Macropoxy. Although it's super durable, it does yellow even
without sunlight. For a long time, each time I turned my attention to the
sub for a new season I found the Macropoxy in good condition but needing a
new coat just to keep it white. Now I've top-coated it, and it's stayed
white. I can't recall what I used as a top coat, but it was some
ordinary enamel rather than something with special marine industry prices.
Even a single top-coat layer is a really good idea that will cut down on
your work in the long term, if you want to keep it bright white.

Best,
Alec

On Sat, Mar 2, 2024 at 4:22 PM Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles <