[PSUBS-MAILIST] Happy new year.

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Jan 9 19:09:31 EST 2024

Michael,most of the time a scammer will take a screen shot of your profile picture and any background photo you might have up. Then create an account with these, using your name.It might be bored kids or people out to defraud others.If your friends list is available to the public they will send a friend request to your friends who may be stupid enough to accept it. Most of the time your friends will alert you & you can complain or they can complain to fb & get the person removed. If not they can now contact your friend / friends & say "I am holidaying overseas & have had my wallet & passport stolen, can you send me $2000. Urgently."   Alan

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Wed, 10 Jan 2024 at 12:41 pm, Michael Holt via Personal_Submersibles<personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:   The first one changed my password, and the second one changed the
password of the previous attacker.  If anyone has duplicated my FB
account, I have not heard about it.