[PSUBS-MAILIST] Phil Nuytten estate sale

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Feb 21 19:46:02 EST 2024

Thanks Sean. yes noticed Phils art work when we visited & briefly talked to him about it.  It was throughart & doing sketches at an aquarium that he discovered a love for the underwater environment.His friend Bruce Beasley, who is a renowned American sculpture and pioneer in thick casting of acrylic also studied North West American art ( I had a cup of tea with him).I think that's where he and Bruce met. A piece of his art work would be a great momento.Alan

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Thu, 22 Feb 2024 at 10:36 am, Sean T. Stevenson via Personal_Submersibles<personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:   Many of you knew Phil Nuytten, the late owner of Nuytco Research, who graciously hosted a PSubs convention event in Vancouver in 2009. Phil passed in May 2023 at the age of 81. Among other hobby pursuits, he was an avid collector of indigenous art, and it seems that many works from his estate are being curated for sale and disbursement by renowned Vancouver antiquities broker Uno Langmann. Details at the link below.

https://www.langmann.com/phil-nuytten-northwest-collection-exhibition

Sean