[PSUBS-MAILIST] Pressure proof motor

Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Nov 23 17:38:17 EST 2023

Hello Friends,

Cliff and I have a joint R&D project this winter to adapt higher
performance lip seals to the Minn Kota 101. The seals themselves are custom
made by Parker and have a lead time of several months. We haven't received
them yet, but at least according to Parker's specs, they should enable 101s
to become 1-atmosphere thrusters to pressures that exceed typical PSUBS
depths. They also should minimize friction under pressure, compared to the
stock seals. We'll keep you guys posted...

Best,
Alec

On Thu, Nov 23, 2023 at 6:56 AM James Frankland via Personal_Submersibles <