[PSUBS-MAILIST] Vanguard class sub (UK) unintended depth excursion

Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Nov 21 09:22:31 EST 2023

 The O2 and CO2 electronic sensors I use can be calibrated in open air.  Of course that requires that the sensors can be removed from the vessel and taken to an open area, which mine can.  In situ, you'd have to use a test gas of known purity which would be another tank to drag around.  Pressure transducer testing could be done with just a scuba tank as the supply gas.
If a vessel is diving in water shallower than it's rated depth would a pressure transducer verification still be critical?
Jon