[PSUBS-MAILIST] Titan submersible missing at Titanic site

Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun Jun 25 06:11:45 EDT 2023

 Marc, that was probably Brian Cox who passed away a year or so ago.  His pressure hull was steel but he did use ferrocement for the superstructure.  http://www.subdb.info/cgi/database/showvessel/index.cgi?ID=1272980224&VN=Esmae&VT=1
There are no standards for using ferrocement as a manned submarine pressure hull and I think anyone attempting it would find little support for the project given the Ocean Gate loss.
Jon