[PSUBS-MAILIST] Penetrator Welds

Antoine Delafargue via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Jun 2 08:01:13 EDT 2023

Hello James
Pretty sure it should be full pen in most rules.

But if the location of your hole in the conning tower does not contribute
to the structural reinforcement of the opening that your conning tower is
making in the hull’s main cylinder,
(Ie is far enough from the hull’s main cylinder),

Then you may just thread your hole and just insert a male threaded tapered
through hull into it with some loctite but without any extra weld.
I did exactly that on Pilot Fish for the ballast purge valve controls.

Regards
Antoine