[PSUBS-MAILIST] air compensation

Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Jul 31 05:33:29 EDT 2023

 I don’t think we should lose sight of the logistical issues surrounding air comp including regulators and hoses which open potential failure points, and the potential of additional tanks and getting them filled in a location that does not have good SCUBA support.  Just the fact that oil comp reduces the number of components to achieve the intended result makes it an attractive option in my eyes.
Cliff, the photos appear to show a lot of sludge…do you attribute this to the brushes only?  How badly were the brushes worn and are they still solid or has the oil penetrated them to the point that they are soft and decaying?   Are all four motors in the same condition with score marks on the shaft and commutator?
Jon