[PSUBS-MAILIST] Minn Kotta 101 - Thruster Reliability

Cliff Redus via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Jul 29 09:52:20 EDT 2023

 John, I think mineral oil might work.  See page III-11, section 3.5 in  "
https://apps.dtic.mil/sti/citations/AD0894795
 I don't know anything about these thruster  motors but this oil is a petroleum base, red, hydraulic oil that is essentially mineral oil.  See https://petroleumservicecompany.com/blog/what-is-mil-h-5606/ for more info on MIL-H-5606.  It has a kinematic viscosity of 13.8 cs at 100 F and 0 psig. More than likely this is brushless motor with the brush arcing issues that we are seeing not relevant.
Cliff