[PSUBS-MAILIST] Thruster Reliability

Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Jul 25 20:18:51 EDT 2023

Here's my inspiration. I've seen several original Kittredge subs still
kicking with their original 1-atm, ceramic seal thrusters that are probably
40 years old. Their use is occasional, for sure, but they're maintenance
has probably been zero. What I'd like to explore is doing what the Captain
did, except with a Minnkota. If the bushings and brushes are dry and in 1
atmosphere, with the normal lubrication (a little grease on the bushings,)
then I don't see why they can't have the same life as when they go fishing.

On Tue, Jul 25, 2023 at 7:53 PM Alan James via Personal_Submersibles <