[PSUBS-MAILIST] Titan submersible missing at Titanic site

MerlinSub@t-online.de via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Jul 12 07:06:04 EDT 2023

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-bvNHCCpFo>

FE Analysis of weak points of the construction.

vbr Carsten

-----Original-Nachricht-----
Betreff: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Titan submersible missing at Titanic site
Datum: 2023-07-03T17:57:06+0200
Von: "MerlinSub at t-online.de via Personal_Submersibles"
<personal_submersibles at psubs.org>
An: "Personal Submersibles General Discussion"
<personal_submersibles at psubs.org>

Germany has a lot of homebuild (experimental) Planes and submarines.
Nobody cares - as long as you not kill paying passengers..
But sometimes the owner of the water (lake, river) want to see some papers.

I did some years ago a request to the "Oskar Ursinus" Society  (The psubs
for homebuild planes here)
to integrate a 40 years old 1400 HP gasturbine (RR Gnome) from a helicopter
into a Blanik glider.
They saw no problem with that.

Comment was "warp around you turbine blade casing some cevlar- so that
nobody -outside- the plane will be hit
in case the turbine has a catastropic failture"..
But I don't think that you can carry paying guest on a regular base in
"experimental" aircrafts.
Special not in a glider which can climb with +200km/h - 18 km vertical in
less than 3 Minutes - with two guys in old MIG21 suits.
And for 250.000 USD ticket for the second seat.

I have no problem with what was Oceangate did to research new technology.
They did test, build models, install acustic checks and so on.
I have a problem with the fact that paying guest pay the bill with there
life - special if they are 19 years old and without the nessesary life
expierence.

The two Psubs submarines Emile build and I design for paying guest are both
classed.
All the other subs design for private owners only - including my own - not.

Carsten

-----Original-Nachricht-----