[PSUBS-MAILIST] Potting

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Jul 7 16:36:36 EDT 2023

Vance,No.
the glue I was using was a 3M product that was designed for pvc. I ran tests on 5 or 6 glues including epoxy resin and nothing came close to the 3M 2 part heat activated glue. You could peel all the others off the pvc wire jackets apart from the 3M product that wouldnt come off, it just tore the pvc. As for the potting compound, I am guessing its just an epoxy resin & will adhere to the cable similarly to all the glues I had previously tried. Unless its a low durometer product that compresses at the same rate as the cable jacket.Alan

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sat, 8 Jul 2023 at 5:07 am, vbra676539 at aol.com via Personal_Submersibles<personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:   _______________________________________________
Personal_Submersibles mailing list
Personal_Submersibles at psubs.org