[PSUBS-MAILIST] Thruster

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Feb 7 19:14:22 EST 2023

Rick,thinking about it some more, it sounds like you are close to finishing so waiting till my system comes on line is probably not an option. If I were you I would make an extension that fits in to the exhaust port surrounds & taper it so a tube of appropriate diameter could be fitted over itat the bottom. Maybe make these extension tubes about 6" long. This will give you a little bit more backpressure on the exhaust valve to counter any pressure on the diaphragm due to towing. Then I would try it out from a boat. After this you may or may not need to shut the regulator off while towing.Alan

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Wed, 8 Feb 2023 at 12:01 pm, Rick Patton via Personal_Submersibles<personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:   Alan, My second stage is located as low as possible but Alec has the same exact "I followed his design" system and he said that he had gotten some water in the thrusters as well as the accuators, plus I was thinking that the force of water being as dense as it is would force it's way down the tube as the water burbles over and around the mouth piece and there is no resistance in the lines or housings to prevent that as they are at one atm.
Rick