[PSUBS-MAILIST] Thruster

Rick Patton via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun Feb 5 13:21:34 EST 2023

Thanks Alan, in theory, this system makes sense as I have tried some other
options and they didn't work as after running one for just a very short
time on the surface to make sure the rhostate was working and pulling the
motor apart, one of the wires was bare to the copper strands from rubbing
on the armature.
 I was going to tig weld a lttle clip to the inside that would capture the
wires but I was afraid that the heat so close the the sealing surface would
destort it enough that it would leak.
I was thinking about putting something on the outside to prevent ingress of
water before the sub gets down a bit but I was not sure it would hold due
to the internal pressure once under water?
 I could use a strong bonding epoxy but I want to be able to remove the
screw in the future if I have to. Again, won't know if this will be a good
fix for this tight quarters problem until I dive it.

On Sat, Feb 4, 2023 at 10:00 PM Alan James via Personal_Submersibles <