[PSUBS-MAILIST] Hydrodynamic question

Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Dec 18 15:03:35 EST 2023

Hi Jim,

That is quite the addition to the fleet, I can't wait to see it in the
water! I recall one PSUBBER with a large sub, though not quite as large as
yours, who keeps a largish weight inside the cabin. I'm guessing it was
maybe 30 lbs, but it was years ago. The weight had a handle on top and
carpet glued underneath. He simply slid it forward or aft to trim the boat.
Longitudinal trim is very sensitive to weight displacement. For example, a
K250 changes trim visibly just when you open the hatch (the weight of the
hatch is further aft when open.) With that sort of length to move things
around in, I would not expect you to need dive planes.

Best,
Alec

On Mon, Dec 18, 2023 at 2:43 PM james hughes via Personal_Submersibles <