[PSUBS-MAILIST] message yesterday

Wed Aug 30 10:14:32 EDT 2023

Ill past in what i said and resend the pictures.  somehow.

Hi All

Im designing a penetrator for my new boat.  This is to go through from the
battery pod to hull, so no water involved unless a pod floods.  Ive got
several options but the one i am mostly considering now is this one.

I am trying to balance making it as small as possible while having 2
penetrators in the unit.

This one is using a 60mm body but that leaves the small end of the
electrode at diameter 8mm.

It doesn't feel thick enough to me.

Also bearing in mind that im not quite sure what motors or even batteries
ill be using yet.  I suspect Min Kota 40's at 12v.  There will be 4 of
these.

I know i should know the voltage and peak current to work this out
correctly, but i dont know, so its just a sort of rough idea.
Any thoughts?   (Hank i know youve sent me you method, which is still an
option.  Actually what thickness wire do you use?)

Drawing attached. (in next message..i hope)

On Wed, 30 Aug 2023 at 11:34, Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles <