[PSUBS-MAILIST] air compensation

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Aug 3 15:26:08 EDT 2023

Thanks David,that looks a good price.Cliff and I were looking at the Caroute brushless motor lower unit, 36V 160lb thrust. Cost US $1200 to get to Texas.The big problem was that they had the motor driver in the thruster housing and this had 2 large capacitors in it.These would crush if we equalised the inside of the thruster.Also you can have long leads from the motor controller to the motor but if you have long leads from the battery to the motor controller it is problematic. So by putting the controller in the thruster they are making the battery leads longer.They are bringing out a model with an external motor controller next year.With regard to the brushless Minn Kotta; most brushless motors have 3 wires coming from them, unless they have a hall sensor board or temperature sensor. These can be controlled with a Vesc motor controller & tuned in it's open source program. Alan

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Thu, 3 Aug 2023 at 2:15 pm, David Colombo via Personal_Submersibles<personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:   _______________________________________________
Personal_Submersibles mailing list
Personal_Submersibles at psubs.org