[PSUBS-MAILIST] air compensation

Cliff Redus via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Aug 2 19:03:04 EDT 2023

 Alan for sure when the dry air expands after exiting the orifice, Joule Thompson cooling occurs which cools down the first state regulator.  The air in the room is not dry, it has a certain relative humidity.  The air around the regulator then is cooled dropping it below the dew point of the air so water vapor in the room air near the surface condenses to free water.  Because the air temperature near the surface of the regulator has dropped below the freezing, the free water forms ice crystals.
Cliff