[PSUBS-MAILIST] air compensation

Cliff Redus via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Aug 2 09:02:28 EDT 2023

 No ice blockage if you use scuba air.  Scuba air is dry, meaning very little water vapor.  Scuba air has a dew point of -50F which is very dry.  To get ice, the water vapor must condense to liquid water then be at a temperature below the freezing point.  Most psubbers use scuba air if they use a BIBS system that is attached to the air used to blow MBT.  As such, they would fill tanks with dry air from a local scuba shop or portable scuba compressor that has a dryer.
Cliff