[PSUBS-MAILIST] YouTube guy bought a 1998 Sport Sub

Douglas Suhr via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Sep 1 00:10:28 EDT 2022

Great info Tim, thanks for sharing!

Ron Leonard was the gentleman I dealt with when I bought that raw
fiberglass hull. To be honest, I'm glad to hear it wasn't just me getting
nowhere with IVC... I was concerned that maybe I offended them or
something. Their unwillingness to furnish so much as a manual to a proven
owner is confounding to me... why won't they support their machines after
they leave the factory?

In any case, I agree wholeheartedly that even though a semi-dry sub isn't
quite a 1-atm vessel, it definitely has its merits. The ability to enter /
exit the SportSub mid-dive is excellent for shallow water research,
recovery, etc. I've wanted one for quite a while, but man, what a pricetag!

Unlike most PSUBS, the SportSub is a concept that has improved over many
design iterations. I'm glad that the business seems to be carrying on, even
if it's no longer under the IVC brand name. Yes, please keep me posted if
you get anywhere with them. I hope they're able to continue bringing new
SportSubs to market. ~ Douglas S.