[PSUBS-MAILIST] (no subject)

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun Nov 13 17:54:44 EST 2022

Hi Hank,You would need an electronic pressure gauge for feedback to a computer (Arduino) & a display for visually monitoring what was going on. The Arduino turns the hydraulic pump on via a solenoid switch; when you get to the required pressure the program
turns the pump off & perhaps you could have a nipple with a small orifice that releases the oil back in to the sump via a tube, dropping the pressure in the process. The oil would be coming out of this nipple while you are pressurizing, but it's just a simple solution for the depressurizing faze.Once the pressure drops to a set level the program cycles again. The Arduino counts each cycle and stops at the end. The display shows pressure and cycle number.You would possibly need to adjust the program depending on how it operated & maybe have pwm control over the motor speed if it pressurized too fast.BTW I had some SS electronic pressure gauges made up with threads compatible with 1st stage regulator ports.I just finished a project for counting the anchor length on a boat, so a little bit familiar with what's needed on the computer side.The project below uses an Arduino Nano & a cheap 16 x 2 display. Probably around $25- of components there.Alan

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Mon, 14 Nov 2022 at 4:46 am, hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles<personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:   Hi submarine friends.  I just completed a pressure test to failure on our Cast Epoxy port.  The port was 1 inch by 8 inches OD.  An acrylic port this size is rated to fail at 2,100 feet sea water.  My Epoxy port failed at 1,225 psi or 2,744 feet fresh water.
  Any ideas on how to make a hydraulic apparatus to cycle the port  from zero to operating depth in my chamber?
Hank
Sent from my iPhone