[PSUBS-MAILIST] K-600 buoyancy mystery

Rick Patton via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Aug 1 18:11:19 EDT 2022

I am using the 12" ID shed 40 pipe per specs. I welded SS angle track in
before welding on the ends and then add to that the aluminum trays that
slide in and out. I also have the copper all thread that sticks an inch or
so into the pods for the 36V, the 12V and two for the water sensor so it's
a little snug inside. I originally built the alum trays based on my
forklift battery which is a group 27 but it seemed like most of the
batteries in the 27 group were 12.6" long to get the 115 amp rating but
then came across these that are under 12" but only 90 amps so I opted for
lesser amps but didn't have the room to extend the tray much.
Again, wanted to go AGM but they were about $100 per battery so as you
know, it just keeps adding up. Hope this of some help.

Rick

On Mon, Aug 1, 2022 at 11:02 AM Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles <