[PSUBS-MAILIST] New Asset - Zodiac Cadet 390 Tender

Douglas Suhr via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Oct 20 22:58:45 EDT 2021

ALL,

I've recently purchased a 12-foot Zodiac Cadet 390 rigid inflatable boat
and I'm waiting for it to arrive... fingers crossed within the next few
weeks. It's got an aluminium hull and double floor but only weighs a couple
hundred pounds. The engine capacity is stated at 30 HP / 200 lbs max so I'm
thinking about powering it with a Yamaha 25 HP... only 126 lbs. With a few
hands I'll be able to put the boat on the roof and the engine in the truck,
then still have room to tow Snoopy on her trailer. Or keep it simple and
have the boat on a trailer if sans Snoopster.

I think she'll be a good boat for calm water sub towing / crewing and if
any of you folks think it would be helpful, I can plan to bring her to the
Michigan event in the works for next summer. ~ Doug S.