[PSUBS-MAILIST] Valve part 2

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon May 24 08:47:29 EDT 2021

 Hi James,  I am with you on this, I would not like it the way it is.  I would guess the nipple went out of round from welding it in.Because of the location, I would either do as Cliff mentions or weld a nipple to the penetrating nipple as you suggest.  My worry would be how to get a good weld in that location.  If it were me, i would sacrifice ID and slide a nipple inside the existing one.  This would give you a shoulder to weld to and the weld would be much easier.  Then just bush it back to the original size.  It is not right in front of me, so maybe I am wrong about ease of welding.  On Gamma, i bought a fitting that screwed into the flood valve and hit it with 600 psi every spring before diving.  I also did like you and had a hand tight plug, also I removed the handle in case a passenger hit it.Hank