[PSUBS-MAILIST] Valve part 2

Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon May 24 08:00:05 EDT 2021

 Hello James.  I found an online reference that states 1.5-2.5 turns after finger tight, for 2 inch pipe.  Another stated 3-6 threads engaged for proper tightness.  I think some teflon tape or pipe dope on the threads would get you some additional turns using a pipe wrench or spanner of some kind.  I think if it were mine I would put it together as is and then concoct some kind of pressure test from the outside to see if it's holding or not.  A pressure washer may work for that purpose although you only need it to hold 200 psi maximum.  Any idea what your household water pressure is?  That alone might give you a quick test for 100-200 feet.
I would leave welding as the last resort.
Jon