[PSUBS-MAILIST] K-sub hatch o-ring

Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Jun 9 20:49:57 EDT 2021

 No annotations for the groove in either set of plans.  Directly measured on K600; interpreted from drawing for K350.  The seat is marked #10 and in the materials list it shows 5/8 x 1.5 x 25 inches.  That dimension along with the drawing I attached earlier allows calculation of groove diameters.  The K600 drawing does not specify an o-ring, but the K350 materials list calls for a 471 o-ring.
You are correct on the 471 and 472 cross-section diameter at .275.  I typed it wrong in earlier message.
Sounds like either one will work.  I'm likely to go with the 472 as long as it's not too pricey.  It might be cheaper to purchase a kit and just make my own hatch o-ring.  I've only found pricing at one supplier which was $48 USD and that seems rather steep to me.