[PSUBS-MAILIST] PC2021

Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Jan 5 21:38:14 EST 2021

Discussion related to PSUBS 2021 convention.
I'm thinking late summer or fall.  I would really like to have it in the spring but I don't think any of us know how far along covid vaccinations will be by March or April and because of that it seems like a tight timeline.
I'm open to any location, Islamorada Florida has been suggested.  Considering the above date considerations, I would suggest October.  Can we meet here in summer?  Yes, but it will be hot.  Water temps will be high 80's to low 90's which means high cabin temps in any submarines that are diving.  For those flying, Ft. Lauderdale is two hours by car, Miami is 1.5 hours by car.  Recommend flying in/out on weekend if possible, weekday commuting traffic can be heavy.
Diving.We can rent boats for surface support if necessary but I'm sure rentals will not allow towing submarines.  We will need a solution for bringing subs to destination dive spots.  Perhaps we should try to hook up with a scuba/snorkel charter at one of the reefs which would provide for some interesting photos.  We could also check with University of Miami to see if they are interested in some kind of expedition.
Speakers.I think we've got plenty of material available from numerous psubbers so filling time slots won't be a problem.
Please feel free to contribute to the discussion.
Jon