[PSUBS-MAILIST] Brand new and have a couple questions

Christian Cavanagh via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Apr 23 12:42:51 EDT 2021

Hi Everyone,

The short of my background is that I've been wanting to build a personal
submarine for about 10 plus years, and finally I feel like I'm at a good
place to do it (Prior to now I had very little building skills, especially
with metal and I now live in Florida by the ocean!).

I now have skills in metal working like welding, grinding, plasma cutting,
and I finally got a bucket list item that I've started cleaning up.. a
Milling machine! Over the years I've done quite a bit of handyman work in
electrical and building plus plumbing (I did large saltwater aquariums for
about 15 years).

Anyway, given that building a personal sub right (Especially my first one)
will take quite a bit of time I thought I'd get started with some info
learning to point into the direction of what I am wanting to build. After
weeks of looking around I was really excited to find a sub design that is
just about spot on of what I wanted to build: Cliff Reedus' R300

Some questions:

- The only attempt at contacting him was through his Youtube discussion
page, but I don't know if he is still active on it.. is he still active in
the sub community? I'm looking to see if he has a build log, plans, or
something related to the R300 build. I'm new to email discussions and hope
I'm doing it right.

- Speaking of... why aren't the forums more often used? When I registered
and took a look I was surprised to find it barely used. Is it not easier to
manage and post media items like pictures, links, etc? I apologize in
advance for my ignorance.

Thanks!

Christian