[PSUBS-MAILIST] K-250 side viewport and dome hatch.

Philippe Robert via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun Sep 27 16:45:48 EDT 2020

Hi all,

I currently make the conning tower. I see on the internet some k-250 with
front and side viewport in addition of the acrylics dome. Some of the
viewport is close to the gusset and I assume that is not possible to do a
100% weld. Is it acceptable ? Is it ok to drill hole in the viewport to put
retaining bolts ?  Second question, on the blueprint, the sealing option
for the hatch on the conning tower is o'ring groove. Is it possible to make
better sealing like flat rubber strip or something like that ?

Best regards,

Philippe