[PSUBS-MAILIST] PSUBS manipulator

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Sep 23 13:48:20 EDT 2020

 Alec, I have an actuator with a metal end cap.  I think it is the extreme duty modelHank
    On Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 6:55:22 AM MDT, Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:

 Oh, that's a good find Alan, I was unaware of the second O ring. My suggestion would be to remove the outer one if going very deep, or drilling a tiny hole between the two. Else the O-ring would tend to squeeze the shaft at depth, freezing it up or increasing current draw. My impression of these actuators is that the likely failure point is the top cap (the disc-shaped piece that ends the main cylinder). Not that pressure would be a problem, but it's a plastic piece and includes the pivot point of the actuator, so is subject to significant mechanical stress.