[PSUBS-MAILIST] OTS comms

Fri Oct 30 14:22:52 EDT 2020

It looks like I was successful with a bid on eBay for a used SSB-2010 unit. Assuming that it arrives in working order, that will give me the ability to talk with subs and surface units at PSubs conventions. I'll need to pick up a second one to enable diver to diver comms, and a CDK-6 kit to optionally make one of those into a surface unit.

This stuff adds up. I may have to sell my hardwire comms to pay for it, which I am hesitant to do. Even though hardwire can't talk to ultrasonic, there's something to be said for secure, crystal clear comms, plus the safety of the tether.

I guess for now I'll just continue to keep an eye on eBay...

Sean