[PSUBS-MAILIST] automatic valve

Sat Oct 24 13:27:30 EDT 2020

I'd be inclined to look at the feasibility of plumbing two normally closed vent valves in series, requiring you to actuate both simultaneously in order to flood.

Not sure what your sea inlets look like on your MBTs, but if your vent outlets reach beyond the sea surface to air when in the fully surfaced condition, the addition of Kingston valves on the inlet side could also serve the redundancy function. Adding Kingstons would also potentially allow you to continuously monitor for leakage, as the MBTs could then be nominally held at positive pressure with respect to ambient until you were ready to flood.

Sean