[PSUBS-MAILIST] SEMjr - DIY Electronic Project

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Nov 27 13:59:52 EST 2020

 Thanks Jon & congratulations. Does this unit link in to "Matilda", your hmidisplay? Alan
    On Saturday, November 28, 2020, 06:57:45 AM GMT+13, Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:

 I have created a new page at http://www.psubs.org/community/projects/SEM1/  describing a DIY project called SEMJR for building an electronic Submarine Environment Monitor which includes O2, CO2, Barometer, Temperature, and Humidity which should be valuable for anyone looking to supplement or upgrade from analog to digital devices.
A Bill Of Materials for all elements of the project is also available on the web site.  Additionally, written instructions will be provided and an instructional video produced in the near future.
I've designed this project to be as simple as I possibly can given the sensor components and intended functionality.  While it is intended to be a "connect Part-A to Part-B" type of project, it will involve lots of soldering as well as some wiring of electronic parts.  Additionally, you will need to download and install various software tools on your local computer to load the microprocessor with the actual application program that interfaces with the sensors.  I suspect some community members may be more adapt at this than others and encourage builders to find others in our community who can load the software on the microprocessor for them if you have have any technical hesitancy in this area.
If you incorporate all four sensors (you can include only the ones you need) this DIY project will cost you approximately $370 USD.  The largest part of that cost is the O2 and CO2 sensors which cost around $100 each.
Please read the project description file on the website for more detailed information.  I expect to release the SEMJR application software before the end of December 2020.  It is developed using the Arduino IDE and will be released under GNU GPL 3.0 licensing.
Personal_Submersibles mailing list
Personal_Submersibles at psubs.org