[PSUBS-MAILIST] Skadoc Battery Pod

Tue Nov 3 07:25:49 EST 2020

Is that a simple faced flange, or is there a step that centers it? O-ring seal? Once it is submerged, it is subject to hydrostatic pressure and likely not going anywhere. The retention really only needs to prevent it from coming loose when surfaced or out of the water, given the weight of the end cap and design accelerations / impacts of the sub. You may also want some capability to withstand internal pressure due to e.g. battery off gassing, but that could also just be an overpressure valve. If anything, I'd say you overbuilt the clamps, but that's rarely a bad thing if you can afford the weight.

Sean

Sent from ProtonMail mobile