[PSUBS-MAILIST] submersible motor

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon May 25 01:42:04 EDT 2020

Hi Brian,
I am ahead of you on this idea.
I bought these two car window motors that have been adapted for robotics,
thinking I could use them on a manipulator arm joint.
I went off the idea as they would need a waterproof casing & seal on the output
shaft as well as oil hoses running to them from a compensator ( if you wanted to
do it well). Also they are a bit weak for using in the first couple of joints.
I am now liking the idea of a water hydraulic cylinder on the first 2 joints & using
the blue robotics waterproof motor for the last joint, wrist & jaws.
Ian Juby who is new to Psubs is an expert in robotics. Listen to him if he chimes in.
Also the motors would need a motor controller that limited the amp draw or you
could burn them out if they stalled.
Alan