[PSUBS-MAILIST] paint coatings

Rick Patton via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri May 1 16:44:21 EDT 2020

I have done some checking into different paint systems and wanted to share
that with the group.
Jon had set up a psubs discount with Sherwin-Williams a while ago and gave
us a contact name and phone number if our local outlet had any problems. I
had seen that a couple of you had used the macropoxy 650 system so I asked
our local outlet about it and they showed me the only color chips that it
came in. also asked them if it was possible to mix in a metal flake and
they said no so I called the contact name I was given and the guy who
answered said that he took ricks place. I ran everything by him and he
asked Rick about it and Rick said that he didn't remember suggesting the
macropoxy 650 as the best application for what we were doing but said that
it could be tinted any color and are checking on weather the 650 is the
best way to go for our application and weather a metallic can be added.
Will post results when I get them.

Rick