[PSUBS-MAILIST] latest project

T Novak via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Mar 31 13:38:19 EDT 2020

Alec,

This is an interesting project.  You likely noticed that a common addition to iron lungs is a mirror attached above the patient's head and tilted at a 45 degree angle.  This allows visitors to talk horizontally to the patient who is lying on his back. Just an added touch you may find useful.

As well, perhaps an iron lung built to allow sitting upright would be interesting. Such a design would certainly make eating and as well as interacting with visitors easier.  You could even have the patient sitting on a porta-potty for obvious reasons.  Appended is an interesting portable/wearable version that would be a good project too.

Stay well, everyone.

Tim