[PSUBS-MAILIST] latest project

Tue Mar 31 00:14:49 EDT 2020

An iron lung built from wood. Ha.

Cool project, though perhaps not entirely practical.

I might suggest locating the vacuum more remotely to cut down on the noise, adding a diverter / venturi to selectively draw some room air to reduce the vacuum pressure (make it variable), and if you were to actually treat someone with this, have some means of providing supplemental continuous flow oxygen via mask or cannula. You might also consider adding a window so you can monitor chest rise. What is the timing? Six seconds in, four out?

Very Frankenstein-ish, but it could certainly save a life in the absence of hospital availability.

Sean