[PSUBS-MAILIST] SCM v3

Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Mar 27 23:27:27 EDT 2020

 Hey guys,
Display is a 7 inch capacitive touchscreen, designed for the Rpi.
The only purpose of the circuit board is to eliminate wiring between the individual components and the processor.  Without it, the wiring would just be messy and archaic.  It could also be much smaller if I was adept enough to use IC's instead of breakout boards, but I prefer the breakout boards because someone else with genuine electronic "smarts" designed them.
I am still teetering on whether to swap out the Teensy for an Rpi.  The advantage is that I could use wireless between the data collection Rpi and display Rpi instead of having it hard wired by USB.
Jon