[PSUBS-MAILIST] (no subject)

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Mar 12 16:03:50 EDT 2020

Hank,
good video.
If anyone wanted to take this a step further, there are lots of suppliers on Alibaba &
Ali express selling high powered strip lighting at varying voltages. I have seen
some at $7- a metre.
You may be able to make a low profile flat version by making a long mold, filling
It with a 1/8" of resin, wait until the resin is tacky & pushing the light strip in to
It. Then pour more resin to cover the lighting strip.
I would make the resin layers as thin as possible to let the heat out.
I am not sure how they are doing the electronics in these lighting strips as most
other LEDs have electrolytic capacitors which crush under pressure. Perhaps
they are ceramic.
Alan