[PSUBS-MAILIST] (no subject)

via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Mar 12 14:22:35 EDT 2020

Doug,I was at Kurt's backyard shop in Callie with Snooper II out in the yard and Snooper III almost finished as a new build. When I asked about his Dad's original sub (this was after the old man died), Kurt just laughed and shrugged. Said his Dad ran out of room in the shop while they were doing Snooper II, and scrapped it out just to clear some floor space. Sad end. Kurt agreed. Said he'd really like to have them all for some kind of display. They competed directly with Doug Privitt and Marfab (the Nektons) and did a ton of work, mostly in California. Losing the original sub to the scrap heap was a sad day, no doubt.Vance