[PSUBS-MAILIST] (no subject)

Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Mar 10 22:31:22 EDT 2020

 I'm a bit confused by the nomenclature as well.  It looks like you are using some hard plastic ends (delrin type material?), after all, you are machining it, tapping it, putting screws in one end and pipe plug in the other.  So those must be a rigid inflexible material.  The acrylic tube is also effectively rigid underwater when filled with oil and sealed.  The rubber coupling is providing the seal between the acrylic and the machined hard rigid plastic ends but I'm not seeing where it allows any squeezing in the sense of pressure compensation.  If the rigid plastic end caps are butt against the circumferential edge of the oil filled acrylic tube, there's nothing to compress because it's a virtual solid.
I'm pretty sure you are using the type of rubber coupling as shown in this link  https://www.fernco.com/plumbing/shielded-couplings/no-hub-couplings
Jon