[PSUBS-MAILIST] 12v solenoid vent valves in sea water

Brian Hughes via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Mar 7 21:58:53 EST 2020

After Ian's reply thought I'd start a separate thread.

Hank pioneered using inexpensive 12v solenoid MBT vent valves. I'm set to go with 1" brass valves for Harold's side mounted tank swap. Could upgrade to stainless if needed, but Hank used brass ones for Gamma so starting there.

Wondering if anyone else has played with these yet. Haven't completely pulled one apart so don't know what might be an impact of long term use in sea water. Maybe disassemble and coat with silicon grease on a regular basis?

Brian